Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Day-Cation Time

Schools are closed this week.
Spring Break.
Brrrrr....
We got caught away from home for the weekend - working - and not having warm "enough" clothes.

Forget the wedge Volatiles - flip floppy type shoes.
It's socks and sneakers for me right now.

I/We went home during the day today and yesterday, and the girls and I made the most of that time.

Some cleaning.
Some organizing.

Lots of running around using up bits and pieces of small gift cards ($5.00, $10.00...) that I've been given - 
-- gift cards for perfect attendance at work
-- gift cards given to me by a local chamber of commerce for a teacher award
-- small, leftover amounts ($2.53, $7.45) on a few cards given to me or the girls for our bdays (We appreciate gift cards!)

Anyhoo - we,ve been to eat authentic Mexican food, get cookies, buy organic strawberry lemonade, purchase colorful writing pens, mooch pickles and croutons at a restaurant where we had "one free dessert", go to Toys R Us (or Toys FOR Us -- as Mary called it) and get a stuffed animal horse with a gift card that was probably 4+ years old.....

Making the most of "off time" between work times


I recognized and chatted with (via interpreter) one of the Hispanic employees -- mom of a former student at my school.

Made on the spot vegetarian tacos and guacamole 


Mary's first time at this kiddie joint "Toys FOR Us"
It was bound to happen one day.

No comments: