Saturday, November 26, 2016

Great Time During Thanksgiving Holidays


Back in the day
Oh...2008
When I was in China for the first time to bring Sweet Emily home,
There was an American dad sitting at the table
Having breakfast 
With several little Chinese girls.
No mom in sight

He was an anomaly- for sure.
Folks maybe had adopted once from China
But it was kinda rare hearing of a family 
Who'd adopted 2 or 3 times.

Maybe not rare
But not the norm

Anyhoo
This daddy was very personable.
Turns out his wife was likely taking a shower and going to join the family shortly.

When someone asked him if all the kiddos were his, he jokingly replied, "Well...I'm not running a Chinese baby sitting service!"

Seeing this photo of my 3 girls 
Somehow reminded me of his comment.

We do get "stared at" a good bit.
We did this day
In another city
In another state
On Thanksgiving Day.

Warm smiles.
Pleasant glances

We just smile back.

Aren't they darling little girls?
I'm so blessed to have them in my life.

No comments: