Monday, August 1, 2016

KK Took the Girls Shopping for Shoes



What a blessing.
Friend (KK - Karen....went with me China when I adopted Molly) took all three girls at one time and bought them a pair of shoes that THEY picked out from a store.

What a treat!

I was at home alone for about 3 hours.
That nevah happens.
Ever.

What did I do for the 3 whole hours?

Watched the DVD of Sense and Sensibility (Jane Austen) and drank Kombucha.

I actually won't just sit down and watch a movie - per se. I tend to get up and down a lot.
Go get something to drink.
Go to the bathroom.
Piddle around.

Kinda weird - I know.

But...I watched my old standby show...
Well....one of them.
I usually watch it 1x a year, but that's not the case since I became a mom.
Seems I don't have the interest to do so.

This day - I had the interest, and I did.

"Let me not to the marriage of true minds  admit impediments.
Love is not love which which alters when it alteration finds
Nor bends with the remover to remove.
Oh no.
It is an ever fixed mark
Which looks on tempests..."

Ahhhhhhh.
Characters in S and S (Mary Ann and Willoughby) are actually quoting a sonnet written by Shakespeare.

I realize that's not everyone's cup of tea, but it sure was a relaxing time vegging out on the couch.
I even teared up, and I've seen it a million times.

Of course there's the ever present reference to a spinster as "a flower that's lost its bloom".
Gee thanks, Jane!

No comments: