Sunday, October 18, 2015

Mom Had Hip Replacement Surgery Last Monday

....and it's been a whirlwind of a week.
She's doing great!! So proud of her.


This is a post op photo.
I did edit Nanny Carol "out" - although she looks bee-you-tee-ful...considering all she's been through.

But...
I ain't puttin' no picture of no southern lady -- on this blog -- who ain't got her lips on.

This is Cookie and Mary at the hospital. 
I was passing Mary off to another adult who took her home to Emily, Molly, and Marlene while I stayed at the hospital that evening after work.

Mary came from school with me since she attends my school.

We did this Monday night and Tuesday night. Mom came home on Wednesdsy afternoon
Soooooooo
we ALL spent the night Wednesday night,Thursday night....and we'll do so until Monday, 10/19. 

Out came the air mattresses at Nanny Carol's house. All 3 girls slept in the dining-living room area.

I slept in a front bedroom.

Mom would call me on my cell phone when I needed to go to her room for assistance needed -- fluffing pillows, getting up, etc.

It's been a joy to be there for her.

Skipper is taking excellent care of her while I'm at work...so we're sorta tag teaming.

The girls brought Nanny Carol this lovely tray of  food this morning.


Mary had an apron on - with a notepad and pen...like a waitress.

Pretty funny - but all so sweet.

Emily and Molly wrote scriptures that pertain to strength, and Nanny Carol uses them in her morning prayer time.

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."

No comments: