Monday, August 31, 2015

Ironing Wax Paper Leaf Collection



Emily's science assignment- leaves.
Lots of varieties were placed in between wax paper.
We covered the wax paper with a pink pillowcase.
All placed atop cardboard from a box Emily disassembled -
Retrieved from Nanny Carol's garage.

Know why there are no follow up pics?

Cuz the iron died.

Or maybe it's been dead for a long time and I just didn't know it.

Because I don't USE it.

I feel certain there was a Republican president serving our country when it was last plugged in.

Anyhoo - it did heat up.
The light came on.
I'm not a dummy.
I do know how to use one.

Feel kinda silly that we all took turns ironing, me helping Mary - explaining all the safety facets of our endeavor.
She'd never seen an iron before.

Gonna be a long time until she sees one again.
Hmpf!

Naw - I'll borrow one and we'll finish our little project.

No comments: