Sunday, October 21, 2012

Saddle Sittin' - But the Horse was Tired

We all gathered with our 'special' friends at an event w-a-a-a-y out in the country. Kayla is really comfortable with the buddies we took out there, and she joined us for the outing. Talk about good food, good friends, and the scenery was absolutely incredible.

We've Fed Ex'd a boatload of documents to the official 'lock box' in Texas where it'll be looked over, evaluated, and who knows what else. I actually had to wait a few weeks to even send these papers because of having to locate the address of the Social Welfare Institute (orphanage) in Inner Mongolia where sweet Miss Molly is living. My adoption agency had to track it down, but the entire country was on a one week national holiday and we had to w-a-i-t for the information. I just laughed as I was typing up the forms...it was a form for a form for a form with a supplemental form attached - preceding the next form that will be applied for. THANK HEAVENS my agency GIVES me a copy of the completed papers (example with fake names) and says, "Here honey. Fill in the blanks but put your name on the lines."

I LOVE it when people are that specific - that helpful.
My adoption agency IS!!

So, here we are in autumn. No secret that it is my absolutely favorite time of year.
Beautiful.
Poignant.
Fleeting.
But it's here, and Emily and I...and Nanny Carol...are enjoying each and every day.
We love it when our family and friends can join us for the riches of the season.

Our prayer list has been a bit full these days - precious friends who've moved to heaven.
Even Nanny Carol's Sister, my Aunt Topsy - Em's Great Aunt, has gone home to be with the Lord.
We LOVE Aunt Topsy!

Christians.
Celebration ceremonies.
Confidence that we will see them again.

Joy unspeakable and full of glory!

No comments: